The average motorist will experience three to four car accidents in their lifetime. Many of those accidents are “minor,” meaning there is only property damage.
Fortunately, most “property damage only” claims can be settled without an attorney, but accidents involving major injuries are different. Insurance companies scrutinize injury claims, and they try to settle quickly for as little money as possible.
In many accident claims, the insurance company will offer low-ball, unfair settlements until the plaintiff proves they are willing to go to trial.
Experienced personal injury attorneys know the tactics of the insurance company, and they can help if you are struggling to reach a fair settlement.
Do You Really Need An Attorney?
Some attorneys are all too happy to take your personal injury case, and they never tell you that most small car accidents can be settled without an attorney. How can you know that your case requires an attorney? What should you do if you don’t need an attorney?
We will never try to convince you to hire us if we don’t believe we will add value to your claim. We believe in empowering through education, and for the car accidents that we know the victim doesn’t need an attorney, we will direct you to our resources to handle the case yourself.
How We Evaluate Personal Injury Cases: OUR SIX-POINT CHECKUP
We perform a 6 point assessment of your case to determine if hiring an attorney makes sense for you:
1. Determine Fault – Florida is a pure comparative negligence state, which means if you were at fault in your accident, Florida law will not prevent you from recovering after an accident, but it could reduce the amount of compensation you win from the case.
2. Current Injury Analysis – the worse your injury, the more it makes sense to hire a lawyer for your personal injury claims. Accident victims with serious injuries, like broken bones or torn ligaments, should consult with an attorney BEFORE making any recorded statements with the insurance company.
3. Previous Injury Analysis – Insurance companies love to use previous injuries as a reason to fight car accident claims. They will point to your previous injuries and claim your car accident injuries are “preexisting,” even when they were caused or worsened by an accident. We will review with you your past medical history to see what impact your health history will have on your settlement.
4. Treatment – Insurance companies have a ”length of treatment algorithm” that they use to determine how long you should be treating. If your medical treatment takes longer than the insurance company deems is normal, they will not give you a fair offer for your medical bills.
5. Car Insurance – “You can’t get blood from a stone.” We have seen more good cases torpedoed by poor insurance then we can count. As most people don’t know, it is perfectly legal to drive in Virginia without car insurance. If the person who caused your accident is uninsured or underinsured, we will need to look at your policy to see if we can find coverage to pay for your damages.
6. Your Health Insurance – Many health insurance companies will seek repayment of bills they paid on your behalf. Will make sure they don’t get more than they deserve (which is sometimes zero).
Your Personal Injury Six-Point Assessment Is Free - You Don't Pay Us Anything Until the Settlement! Click or Tap the Button Below To Talk With Our 24/7 Accident Helpline
Meet YOUR PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
Protecting Our Clients Across Florida
Bryce Wagner, Esq.
Bryce prides himself and his personal injury practice as being tough, smart, and incredibly well organized. He is dedicated to helping injured people fight insurance companies. He strongly believes in giving each client great respect and in working as hard as possible – even on the smallest cases.
Licensed to Practice in Florida and Indiana
Jonathan Rinehart, Esq.
After beginning his career in corporate law handling high-level negotiations for an international medtech startup company, Jonathan quickly became one of the best negotiators in America. When you hire the Wagner Injury Firm, you can have the confidence that you’ve hired the team with the background and expertise to negotiate the most for your injury case.